Aamir Khan is likely to feature in Priyadarshan’s much-awaited film based on AIDS. Director Priyadarshan, who has been working on a movie based around the life threatening disease – AIDS, since 2009, is looking to cast Aamir Khan in this project.
“The project on AIDS is on, but the script is not yet ready… (I had) too many schedules and things to do so couldn’t finish the script. I had discussed it with Aamir earlier and that time he wanted to do the film,” the director told PTI.
Speaking about the AIDS film, Priyadarshan said that the AIDS film will be free of songs, comedy and commercial trappings. The National Award winning director further added, “I will complete the script first and approach him (Aamir) again. If he has time he will do it.”
In the past, this subject has been worked on, in ‘Phir Milenge’ starring Salman Khan, Shilpa Shetty and Abhishek Bachchan, (2004) and `My Brother Nikhil’ featuring Sanjay Suri, Juhi Chawla and Purab Kohli (2005). However, both these movies failed to make an impact at the box-office.
- Triumvirate Resurrects: Aamir Khan Signs Rajkumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s ‘PK
- Shahrukh Khan doesn’t want to be a cop like Salman Khan or Aamir Khan!
- Aamir Khan’s Talaash Trailer In Shah Rukh Khan’s Don 2?
- Why Shahrukh Khan looks older than Salman Khan, Aamir Khan!
- Aamir Khan to debut on Indian TV with chat show